Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First blanket finished

I love uploading pictures! That's why you see lot of them in my blog!:)  As it was very lazy day, I decided to finish the blanket.  I'm almost satisfied, I love Russian ornaments  and all, but this blanket, firstly it reminded me of Christmas time, remember all those nice sweaters? Then, when I finished I thought - it looks like a sleeve of a shirt, shirt in Russian style:)


 
See, traditional Russian shirt sleeve (from http://www.arira.ru):
Don't worry, it's traditional style. We don't wear it usually.;) Though I think it's still very beautiful.


12 comments:

Eva said...

Yes!! It's soooooooooo beautiful!!!

cockerina said...

Wowwwwwwwww! Vicki is beautiful!

Caseymini said...

Vicki, It is outstanding. My daughter majored in Russian in college and has been over there several times. She brought me back Russian books on embroidery, beadwork and architecture. They are wonderful. Such artistic people! I love what you are doing.

Deni said...

oh that is a wonderful lovely stitching!
What a lovely addition to your mini house

Victoria said...

Thank you, Eva! I did my best:)

Victoria said...

@cockerina: Thank you, Cat! It's only begining, I'm choosing the ornaments for cushions now:)

Victoria said...

@Caseymini: Thank you, Casey! I love Russian architecture, traditional one, that you can see in the villages. I'm going to make a post about it later. And embroidery, you can see some crazy things sometimes:) I can't imagine how they were doing such beautiful things!

Victoria said...

@Deni: Thank you, Deni! Such great feedback tells me I should continue with embroidery.:)

PAKY said...

It's so beautiful, congrats for your great work! Regards

Victoria said...

Thank you, Paky!

Debora said...

I had some links about scandinavian embroidery stored on the pc. This work (lovely!!) reminds me of that. I would gladly have this blanket on our own real bed ;-)

Victoria said...

@Debora: Yeah, I think Scandinavian and Russian look quite alike to me, I should check the book about the history of Russian embroidery, maybe it was something about Scandinavian influence or vice versa. It's my dream to make such blanket in real size:)