Friday, October 9, 2009

The first floor.

The first floor is finished.
 
Now I can officially say - I hate bricks.:) I love the result, yes, it was worth it, but the process, especially at the end, was killing me. When you just use the pattern or draw on the wall it's much easier, you don't think of the edges, those tiny parts you need to glue. With the "real" bricks you understand that you should have thought about the size of the bricks and the house before. I didn't and I learned my lesson:)
To the good part - I also painted the windows. On the second floor too. Though I think I'll paint them again later on. Also I need to fix one window because I didn't like how it looked.


Yay! Next on my list - the balcony and the roof.

7 comments:

niknik said...

Ну и что, что мучилась, зато какой результат!

Carmen said...

Queda una fachada perfecta¡¡¡ Felicidades.

DollMum said...

Victoria you've done an amazing job, but I can understand why you got tired of doing the bricks - it was a long process gluing those bricks but does look stunning.
Best wishes
DollMum

Victoria said...

Yes, it was a long process, and it's only facade:) I need to do the same with another wall, but it should be much easier.

Victoria said...

Thank you, Carmen!

Karin Corbin said...

The bricks you made are very nice. You can fix some of the too small bricks next to the window with a little rework. Put the full brick against the window, in the gap between the full bricks cut a brick that matches what would be the thickness of a full size brick on edge, sometimes called a header. Those bricks helped tie the inside and outside brick layers together. You will need to adjust the length of your full bricks by trimming just a little off of them. That too is acceptable in brick work.

Victoria said...

Thank you for the advice, Karin! I'll definitely fix some of the windows. Those little parts tell about my little experience. When I studied how to make the gaps later I've found I made it wrong, but I'm afraid I was too impatient. It's a bit tedious process.