Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Working on a new roombox - parquet

Hi everyone!
This weekend was looong, in Russia we had 4 day holidays, so I had a chance to start a new project. I can't really go into details right now, but I hope I'll show the whole thing pretty soon.
I finally managed to buy MDF, a bit hard to buy, all the shops that sell it don't work during weekends and are outside Moscow, but I found one. So I bought 6mm and 10mm sheets (2m X 3m). I'm going to use them for roomboxes and maybe one more dollshouse.
I started with the parquet - and that's when I loved my table saw. It's so easy to cut veneer with it! We've found a way to make some sort of jig to cut it evenly (if you're interested I can show you the whole process). As a result, it was possible to cut such little pieces:
And these:
After that I started working on a parquet, it's not sanded yet of course, not finished. At this point this is how it looks:
Our kitten was more than interested in the process, so he decided to have a look at it from the top of the roof of my dollhouse:)
I hope to show you the rest this week!

10 comments:

George the Miniguy said...

I'm always interested in learning more about jigs that people use. Please DO share! I love your parquet floor. It turned out just beautifully!

Geo.

Florine said...

Your parquet floor IS beautiful...I don't think I would have the patience needed to create one!

Evelien said...

Your floor looks amazing! And I'm also interested in learning about the jig you used.

groetjes Evelien

Minna said...

Wonderful work! And such a cute kitten!

synnøve said...

The floor looks beautiful!!! Please do show us how you make it :)

The Old Maid said...

Beautiful parqet! Sweet kitten:)

PAKY said...

great work!! Your cat is so pretty.... regards

Gonda's miniature said...

Hello, when you wisch I get a sunshine award for you on my blog, greetings Gonda.

Glenda said...

This is beautiful work, Victoria!
I have left an award for you on my blog.
Glenda

Begoña said...

I love the parquet and I would love to learn how to do it!!!Thanks for the prize, i would write about it on my blog later!