Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New table

 Here's the new table that was made this weekend.







Well, actually I've never tried to make cabriole legs before, so it was very exciting experience. The table on the photos is not really sanded and finished. I'll show you it later.I think it looks very good, considering the fact it was the first time experience with the new jigsaw.
And again, I'm not going to use it in the roombox I'm making. Just for fun!
And if you are curious about how to make such legs, please, check George's great tutorial video here - http://tallminiguy.blogspot.com/2009/04/video-how-to-make-cabriolet-leg.html

17 comments:

Lize said...

Your wood work is simply amazing! It looks like you could have been doing this for ages.

The Old Maid said...

I agree with Lize! A very very nice table! Congrats!

Victoria said...

Thank you!:)

PAKY said...

Tables are beautiful, congratulations, is a great work!

Gonda's miniature said...

WOW! this is great,very good.

Sans said...

Victoria, what can I say except for the same old boring "you are amazing!" Are you yawning now for having heard this too often? :):) But but, you really are!

Irene said...

It's hard to believe looking at that little table that you've never made that style of leg before. Very clever!

Victoria said...

@PAKY: Thank you so much!

Tallulah Belle said...

Wonderful....great work.

I can't beleive oyu made something so tiny with a jigsaw !

Victoria said...

@Sans: oh, no. To be honest, I always feel very excited - everything I do is so new to me, so good result, especially when people like it is huge. And thank you, Sans, for your kind words - it's all means a lot to me.

Victoria said...

@Tallulah Belle,Gonda: Thank you so much! Jigsaw can be easy with little help and encouragement:)

Evelien said...

Your table turned out great! And thank you for the link to Georges tutorial.

groetjes Evelien

Victoria said...

Thank you, Evelien!

synnøve said...

Great work... as usual!!! :-)
Synnøve

Victoria said...

Thank you, Synnøve!:)

Josje said...

Good job on the legs! I have made cabriole legs before and I know it is not that easy to make them all the same!

Victoria said...

Thank you, Josje so much! It's especially great to get this comment from you! Yes, it's sometimes so difficult to make them the same. It will take some time for me to get used to cut the legs, but it's still very interesting process.