Monday, July 26, 2010

Dressing table.



 This time it wasn't my design, I used one from Scale Cabinetmaker mag, but changed it a bit - got rid of the shelf that I didn't like. To be honest, I was puzzled by the drawing in the mag, the aprons on the front and the sides of the table are carved (that's ok), but they are just 1/32 inches thick.To me it's a bit thin:) But I did it anyway, though it's a bit hard to see the actual carving on the photos:)
So, basically, I'm done with the furniture for the roombox, and moving to the final stage.

9 comments:

The Old Maid said...

The shape of the legs is very interesting:)The table looks so good. I am aways impressed of your own furniture making :) Can't wait to see the final touches!

Merry Jingle said...

It's wonderful! I just can't stop admiring your woodworking skills :)

Gonda's miniature said...

A very nice warm bedroom.

Gonda's miniature said...

A very nice warm bedroom.

Neomig said...

its getting better and better!
Neomi

Marion said...

I admire your carving. Well done!

Raul said...

Hi,iºam Raul from Madrid,Spain,you did a nice job with this website,i like your articles and you photos,i will visit you again soon to see the new post,maybe you want to visit some of my sites
Nehoiu online ,Nehoiu is a beautiful town in Romania, Marketing This is one of my bussines, Asesinos seriales ,this is a blog about serial killers, Directorio web SEO ,this is a free but with reciprocal link web directories where you can submit you sites,i hope you will find it usefull.bye bye

Karin Corbin said...

I have been thinking about you. I hope you and your family are doing good despite the heat and fires.

Do let us know how you are doing in this tragedy for Russia.

Victoria said...

@Karin: Karin, thank you so much for your support! We are doing okay, my family is safe too, thank God. I'll try to write a bit more and post it.