Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Art nouveau house

Hi everyone!

I'm still in the progress of making cabinets for the sofa, well, to be honest, the parts are on the workbench, and I haven't touched them in weeks.  The reason for it is quite good - I started building a house! :)  At first, I was thinking about roombox, something small, something that would be good for the sofa. And it would be art nouveau again.
Somehow, I'm building the whole house, all in art nouveau style! Isn't it fantastic? I'm making it from scratch, the first plan in Sketchup looked like this:

And it's really huge, I'm using 18mm plywood, so the walls have realistic thickness. It has four rooms, and the size of it about 90cm long and 40cm deep. That's how it looks at its current stage:

And from the back:


I'm super excited, the whole project was started only because of the sofa I made :)
Also  I'm practicing making plaster moldings:


I hope to use them for some rooms too. Besides, I tried carving on plaster, and was really inspired - you can work with tiny details, it's a very interesting material to work with. Also I'm working on lighting  and chimneys now. Hope to show you the result pretty soon! :)

14 comments:

Neomig said...

Wow will it look like something out of Gaudi? It will probably be awsome!
Neomi

Unknown said...

Wow, you chose a good style to make a house! art nouveau style has a lot of beautiful details which in miniature will look awesome :)
Your house is soo big!
Hope we can see more very soon!
Hugs!
Belén.

Eliana said...

You took a big job! I'm sure the house will be beautiful! Good luck ;)
Hugs

klara said...

I love your house and I am very interested in your plaster carvings, keep in mind that inhaling the dust is dangerous, so wear a safety dust mask

El mundo de PADI said...

Es un tremendo proyecto!!!, te va a quedar hermosa.Besos

carmen said...

va teniendo un magnifico asoecto!

Patty said...

It is going to be so wonderful! I am anxious to see some of your plaster work! It sounds so interesting! This is going to be an incredible house!

The Old Maid said...

Althought I am still waiting to see your Russian house in progress ;) it is fantastic to see your new house, Victoria!:) Hope you will share it's progress with us really soon!:)And I know that for sure the result will be just GREAT:D

Maria Ireland said...

Your house looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing its progress. Hugs Maria

Kathi said...

Wow! What a nice job you are doing!
I really like the style you've chosen. Can't wait to see more!

Dorien Litjes said...

Wow...this period is very interesting and your house is beautiful. The building of my Garfield house will be started again after the summer but you're still going on.

Miniature Treasures said...

With your keen eye for detail im sure this house is going to look beautiful! I think your plaster mouldings look fantastic :)

Titty said...

A bocca paerta ammiro quanto lavoro pazienza creatività metti in questi meravigliosi lavori!!^_^

Minteriors said...

This is fantastic! You have definitely taken a flying leap. I, for one, will be curious to see where this path leads. Sounds very exciting, indeed.